Privacy and Security Policy
GREATERGRANDSTRANDISOPEN.COM HAS ADOPTED DATA PROTECTION POLICIES WITH RESPECT TO YOUR PRIVACY AND SECURITY.
- Last Updated June 16, 2020.
This privacy and security policy statement concerns how GreaterGrandStrandisOpen.com collects and uses your personal information.
If you have questions or comments about this statement or how we treat personal information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- About GreaterGrandStrandisOpen.com
- Purpose of processing
- Which data are processed?
- Personal information about minors
- Access to the information
- Direct marketing
- Data processors and transfer of data to other countries
- Safeguarding of the information
- Your rights
- Consent, governing law, venue
- Changes to the declaration
- Trademarks, Copyrights and Restrictions
- ABOUT GREATERGRANDSTRANDISOPEN.COM
GreaterGrandStrandisOpen.com was created to provide information on how the Horry County region is reopening safely in light of COVID-19 and is providing an opportunity for businesses, residents and visitors to make the Greater Grand Strand Promise to stop the spread of the virus in our community. Horry County Government created the Welcome Back Committee that lead to the creation of this website and promise.
- PURPOSE OF PROCESSING
It is entirely voluntary for those visiting the website to provide personal information in connection with services to receive newsletters, order informational material and brochures, and submit information as they make the Greater Grand Strand Promise.
We will use information about you for any of the following purposes:
- To make it easy for you to find information about the Greater Grand Strand region.
- Use of e-mail and postal addresses for sending out newsletters and other physical materials via our website and other channels.
- Provide information about reopening guidelines.
- For statistics, aggregation and management of sites and services. Information is obtained in order to allow GreaterGrandStrandisOpen.com to get further information about the users, including how users come to the site, as well as tracking general usage patterns of users on our website. We use this information to manage and enhance the site.
- WHICH DATA IS PROCESSED?
We process both personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information about you. Personally identifiable information is information that identifies you as an individual. Non-personally identifiable information is information and any other details that do not reveal your personal identity.
Personally Identifiable Information
We collect and process the following information:
- You can provide information so you or your business are featured on the website as someone or a place of business that made the Greater Grand Strand Promise. For us to send emails to the appropriate subscriber, you must register your first and last names, as well as an email address.
- If you direct a request to GreaterGrandStrandisOpen.com via the web, such as sending us an email, relevant information could be stored, such as name and email address.
- When you visit GreaterGrandStrandisOpen.com, your IP address is recorded. We do not link this information directly to you as a user. The information is used to manage and maintain our sites. Examples of information that this data provides are: How many people visit different sites, how long the visit lasts, what websites users are coming from and which browser is used. This enables us to develop better and more user-friendly services. See more about web analytics and cookies below.
GreaterGrandStrandisOpen.com may use user surveys onsite. It is voluntary to participate in user surveys, and we request your explicit consent.
Web analysis and cookies
GreaterGrandStrandisOpen.com collects data about visitors to the GreaterGrandStrandisOpen.com website. We use common Internet technologies, including Google Analytics and “cookies” to collect information about users so that at any time we can provide the best possible functionality and develop our information services. This information is taken from the computer’s web browser and may include your IP address, operating system, browser, screen resolution and previous website.
Your consent applies to the following domains: GreaterGrandStrandisOpen.com
- PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT MINORS
GreaterGrandStrandisOpen.com does not gather information about your age and does not purposely process information about children under 15 years of age.
- ACCESS TO THE INFORMATION
To ensure that the processing of information is carried out in a safe manner, only specifically authorized persons in GreaterGrandStrandisOpen.com, Horry County Government is headquartered in the United States, and our subcontractors and system suppliers will have access to the information you provide us. The number of employees with such approval is limited. Access to information is secured by access mechanisms.
We will not disclose, sell, distribute, rent, license, share or pass details or personal information to any third parties other than those who deliver and are contracted to deliver services to us, unless we have your express consent to do so, such as consenting to share information.
By contract, our suppliers may not use or disclose your personal information for other purposes, without your permission.
- DIRECT MARKETING
It is voluntary to subscribe to newsletters. Newsletters contain current information about the Greater Grand Strand area, but may also contain commercial information about products and services from suppliers in Horry County, and so on. Newsletters are not sent out at this time, but if they are you can unsubscribe at any time via a link in the newsletters.
We do not allow any third party to use your personal data for marketing or communication purposes unless we have your express consent to do so.
- DATA PROCESSORS AND TRANSFER OF DATA TO OTHER COUNTRIES
GreaterGrandStrandisOpen.com does not have any signed agreement with data handlers. GreaterGrandStrandisOpen.com is currently located on servers in the USA, but our data processors have reserved the right to transmit information to servers or subcontractors in other countries.
If information is transmitted within the United States, we will use preferably Safe Harbor-certified companies. If information is transferred within the EU/EEA, we will ensure that the EU directives on personal data in computing and country-specific data protection laws are followed. If we pass personal information to third parties located outside the EEA, we will ensure that the transfer is in accordance with EU Directive on personal data.
- SAFEGUARDING OF THE INFORMATION
We have established rules and procedures for the protection of personal data and privacy.
When we treat “non-personally identifiable information” combined with “personally identifiable information” (for example your name combined with geographical location), the collected information is treated as personally identifiable information.
If we share your personal information with a third party, we will ensure that there are arrangements and agreements in place to ensure the safety of the information and prevent third party from using the personal information for purposes other than what was agreed upon.
We shall use all reasonable precautions to ensure that our employees, data processors and third parties who have access to information about you have adequate information to ensure that they treat such information in accordance with this statement and our obligations under privacy legislation.
- YOUR RIGHTS
You have the right to know how your personal information is processed by an enterprise. If the Horry County Government handles personal information about you, you are entitled to access your own information. If personal information is inaccurate, incomplete or inaccessible, you can ask Horry County Government to correct the information. See contact information in the introduction to this declaration.
We do not process and store information about you for longer than necessary for the intended purpose, or as required under existing agreements, and not beyond legal limits. We delete personal information when a user gives notice that he/she no longer wishes to use the service. For example, your email address used to send out newsletters is deleted when you unsubscribe. The same is done when we are notified of inactive email addresses.
GreaterGrandStrandisOpen.com may use the information that we collect about you when we have reason to believe that it is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against persons or entities that may harm you, us or others. We may also disclose your information when we believe it is required by law.
- CONSENT, GOVERNING LAW, VENUE
This privacy statement applies to all users of our website. We require that users agree to comply with the declaration as part of our relationship.
GreaterGrandStrandisOpen.com operates from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina in the USA and is subject to USA laws. This declaration also meets the minimum requirements imposed by local, US and EU law. You agree that any disputes will be handled in the courts of South Carolina, in accordance with the laws of the USA, unless otherwise dictated by mandatory local law.
- CHANGES TO THE DECLARATION
GreaterGrandStrandisOpen.com reserves the right to change or update the privacy statement. All changes are valid from the time of being posted, and will include information gathered from that date, as well as existing information held by Horry County Government. You can find out when these guidelines were last revised by referring to the date specified after “last updated” on this page.
- TRADEMARKS, COPYRIGHTS AND RESTRICTIONS
All content on this web site, including without limitation, images, trademarks, designs, pictures and other information, is the exclusive property of Horry County Government and protected by applicable law. Any unauthorized use of this content without specific written permission is prohibited.